Overview of Draksharishta
Draksharishta is an Ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of respiratory and intestinal problems. It is being prepared by the formulation of natural compositions to get extract for health benefits. The main Ingredient used in the preparation is raisins or dry grapes and 5-10 percent of self-generated alcohol due to the process of distillation. It helps in strengthening the inner lining of the intestine and acts as a natural tonic for the improvement of respiratory functions to avoid any complications. Draksharishta has various medicinal properties such as adaptogenic, antioxidant, cardioprotective, carminative, laxative, and haematinic. It can be used for the treatment of health problems such as cold, cough, digestion problems, asthma, and acid reflux.
Composition of Draksharishta
Draksharishta contains the formulation of natural herbs and products to produce an extract for health benefits. We have specified the general dosage underneath:
|Indian Bay Leaf||48 grams|
|Black Pepper||48 grams|
|Long Pepper||48 grams|
|Dhataki Flowers||48 grams|
Above ingredients are stored in a vessel for a month then through the process of distillation, an extract is distilled.
**Above mentioned ingredients may vary from the actual product.
Benefits of Draksharishta
Draksharishta has numerous health benefits as reported in the recent studies. We have specified the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Anorexia Nervosa – It is a disorder of loss of appetite and leading to sudden weight loss or appropriate body weight for height. Many factors can cause anorexia nervosa especially in growing children however, Draksharishta can be used to revive the appetite naturally by stimulating the cells to improve the desire of eating food or meal and gain appropriate body weight for height
- Fatigueness – A very common problem due to the lifestyle of the individuals that lead to severe health problems which need medical attention on priority. Draksharishta improves the endurance and internal strength of the body to stimulate the energy levels and alertness in the mind
- Constipation – Difficulty to pass the feces or stool can lead to severe discomfort in the life of an individual however, Draksharishta acts as a mild laxative and stimulate the liver to release bile into the intestine to improve the digestion in the body and prevent constipation
- Sinusitis – Due to the inflammation in the paranasal sinuses which produces the mucus in the nasal for proper functioning gets damaged or inflammation can lead to congestion, cough, nasal discharge, and blocked nose. Draksharishta can be used to reduce the inflammation and revive the damaged cavity in the nasal due to the anti-inflammatory properties
- Bloating – Draksharishta has carminative properties which help in relieving the flatulence in the abdomen and relieve the accumulated bloating. You can use it on a regular basis as prescribed by the specialist for the treatment
- Asthma – It provides the relief from the shortness of breath and wheezing sound by reducing the aggravated inflammation in the respiratory tract. Draksharishta can prevent the frequent asthma attacks naturally
- Detoxifier – Draksharishta acts as a natural detoxifier in the body by flushing out the toxins and stimulate the proper secretion of nutrients for healthy life and avoid any complications
Side Effects of Draksharishta
Surprisingly, Draksharishta is safe and well tolerated by the individuals, however, overdosage can cause some discomfort such as acid reflux, abdominal discomfort, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and burning sensation. Diabetic patients should avoid this due to the high amount of jaggery in the composition. The pregnant and lactating woman should take precautions before using it due to the strong compositions of herbs. It is not advisable for self-medication and consults a specialist before using it especially when given to children.
Dosage of Draksharishta
Draksharishta dosage depends upon the age, weight, height, and severity of the illness, however, we have specified the general dosage underneath:
- Take 5ml to 10ml
- Twice a day
- With lukewarm water
- After meal
Availability of Draksharishta
Draksharishta is available in liquid form at a nominal cost of approximately 150 INR and 25 USD. It can be purchased through the online and nearby stores. Store it in a cool or dry place with no direct sunlight. Keep it out of children reach. Do not leave the lid open or loose as it may get spilled or damaged due to the foreign particles in the air.
To buy click on the link mentioned below:
DAV DRAKSHARISHTA – 450ml
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.