Overview of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam is an Ayurvedic medicine and is used for the treatment or prevention of indigestion and abdominal discomfort. Commonly known as Mustakarishta, Mustarishta, Mustarishtam, and Mustakadyarishta. Recent studies have shown tremendous results in the treatment of diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, bowel syndrome, and weight loss. It contains the medicinal properties of antidiarrheal, digestive, appetizer, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and metabolism stimulant. Mustharishtam improves the digestion and stimulates the gastric juice for better nutrient absorption in the body.
Composition of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam contains the natural ingredient of herbs and is kept for a month in the vessel to distilled the extract to form a liquid which is used for the treatment of numerous ailments. We have specified the general ingredients underneath:
**Above mentioned ingredients may vary from the actual product.
Benefits of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam has numerous health benefits and is recommended for the treatment of various ailments. We have specified the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Diarrhea – It is a severe condition in feces are frequently discharged from the bowels in a liquid form which can cause discomfort in the body and health, however, Mustharishtam can be used for the treatment as it contains the astringent and anti-diarrheal properties which help in reducing the diarrhea discomfort within few dosages
- Bowel Syndrome – Abdominal disorder such as constipation, acid reflux, indigestion, and abdominal pain which is stimulated due to the bowel syndrome in the intestine, however, Mustharishtam helps in binding the stool and reducing the discomfort or symptoms of bowel syndrome
- Malabsorption Syndrome – Mustharishtam improves the digestion level and stimulate the secretion of bile in the body to eliminate the malabsorption syndrome
- Weight Loss – It burns the excess fat composition in the body and improves the appetite for absorption of nutrients to have a healthy life. Mustharishtam can be used in the weight loss regime as prescribed by a specialist
Dosage of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam dosage depends on the age and severity of the ailment, however, we have specified the general dosage underneath:
- 2.5 ml to 5 ml for children (below 5 years)
- 5 ml to 10 ml for children (above 5 years)
- 10 ml to 20 ml for adults
- Twice a day
- 30 minutes after the meal
- With lukewarm water
Note: Maximum allowed dosage is of 60 ml in a day.
Side effects of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam is safe and well tolerated by the individuals. However, overdosage can cause severe discomforts such as vomiting, burning sensation, nausea, palpitation, acid reflux, diarrhea, and abdominal discomfort. The pregnant and lactating woman should avoid this due to the composition of plumbago zeylanica which can lead to excessive uterine bleeding and contraction which needs medical attention on priority. You should consult a specialist for the advice and self-medication is discouraged. Discontinue immediately if any symptom persists.
Availability of Mustharishtam
Mustharishtam is available in 450 ml packaging and can be easily purchased through the online or nearby market. It can be purchased at a nominal cost of 80 INR and 15 USD. Generally, Mustharishtam shelf life is of 10 years from the date of manufacture. Keep it out of children reach and store it in a cool or dry place with no direct sunlight. It is recommended to keep the lid fingertight and does not tamper or damage the container to avoid any leakage.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.