Overview of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of various health problems such as peptic ulcers, abdominal cramps or pain, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), poor appetite, debility, phthisis, and detoxifying the body for the overall improvement of health. Few studies suggest that it has shown the positive results in improving the health of the mother post-delivery as it stimulates the normal involution of uterus and immunity of the mother to combat the frequent infection or illness by the free radicals present inside or outside the body. It contains several medicinal properties as reported in various studies such as uterine detoxifier, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive stimulant, anti-diarrheal, anti-pruritic properties. It is recommended to store it in a cool or dry place with no direct sunlight and keep it away from children reach.
Ingredients of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam contains numerous compositions of herb and extract. We have specified the general ingredients underneath:
|Cuminum Cyminum||6000 gram|
|Woodfordia Fruticosa||768 gram|
|Zingiber Officinale||96 gram|
|Myristica Fragrans||48 gram|
|Cyprus Rotundus||48 gram|
|Cinnamomum Zeylanicum||48 gram|
|Cinnamomum Tamala||48 gram|
|Elettaria Cardamomum||48 gram|
|Mesua Ferrea||48 gram|
|Trachyspermum Ammi||48 gram|
|Piper Cubeba||48 gram|
|Syzygium Aromaticum||48 gram|
**Above mentioned ingredients may vary from the actual product.
Health benefits of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam has numerous health benefits as reported in various studies and we have specified some of the best-reported health benefits underneath:
- Diarrhea – It has shown tremendous results in treating the diarrhea problem and its symptoms such as stool with mucus, burning sensation, foul smell stool, and liquid stool within few dosages as it contain the high-quality ingredients and formulation which solidify the stool and stimulate the normal function of the intestine to promote healthy excretion of the waste and enhance the overall health of the body
- Appetite – Jeerakarishtam has the medicinal properties of stimulating appetite and improving the absorption of nutrients in the body. You can revive the lost appetite naturally by using it regularly or as prescribed by the specialist however, it should be consumed under expert supervision for best results
- Debility – A very common problem faced by the individuals followed by a prolonged or chronic illness due to any factor however, it has the natural potency of improving the strength and stamina to revive the debility loss within few dosages. Recent studies have shown positive results on reviving the energy level on post-delivery debility syndrome faced by the woman.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – You can use it to reduce the symptoms of IBS such as loose stool, bloating, burning sensation, insomnia, and abdominal pain as it contains the formulation of herbal ingredients that stimulate the normal function of bowel and control the frequent infections in it
Other commonly reported health benefits have been specified underneath:
- Boost mother milk or lactation
- Boost immunity
- Involution of uterus
Side effects of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam is safe and well tolerated by the individuals however, few studies suggest the severe side effect due to overdosage or intolerance to any of the ingredients and we have specified some of the commonly reported side effects underneath:
- Acid reflux
- Vomiting or nausea
- High blood pressure
- Low blood sugar level
- Burning sensation
**It is recommended to discontinue the use immediately if you observe any of above-mentioned symptoms.
*The pregnant and lactating woman should avoid using it
Dosage of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam dosage depends upon several factors such as height, weight, age, and severity of the problem however, we have specified the general dosage underneath:
|Children||5 ml – 10 ml|
|Adults||10 ml – 20 ml|
- Twice a day
- With lukewarm water
- After meals
Note: Maximum allowed dosage is 60 ml in a day and should not be exceeded to avoid any complication.
Price of Jeerakarishtam
Jeerakarishtam can be easily purchased through the online or nearby store at a nominal cost of INR 130 and USD 13. Generally, it is available in 450 ml packaging with an expiry of 5years from the date of manufacture but we recommend to check the packaging for details.
To buy Jeerakarishtam click on the link mentioned below:
Dabur Jirkadyarishta – 450ml
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.