Overview of Quinoa
Quinoa is loaded with high amount of nutrition such as gluten-free, high protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that have numerous health benefits like improving digestion, muscle building, bone density, cardiovascular health, diabetes, vital organs etc, Quinoa is not a grain like rice or wheat but it belongs to amaranth family and is native to South America. It is considered to be the superfood for vegans due to the high compounds of dietary fiber and protein.
Nutritional facts of Quinoa
Quinoa is loaded with a high amount of nutrition such as vitamins, minerals, calcium, protein, amino acids, and carbohydrates that can do wonders in improving your health. We have specified the general nutritional value per 200 grams underneath:
|Total fat||4 grams|
**Above mentioned nutritional value may vary from the actual product.
Health benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa has numerous health benefits as reported in various studies and we have specified some of the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Improve digestion and absorption of the nutrients due to the high fiber composition
- Superfood for vegans as it contains the nine essential amino acids that nourish the body with high-quality protein which helps in muscle building and other health benefits
- Regular consumption of it can regulate blood glucose levels and reduce the diabetes level
- We all know Omega 3 fatty acids which are available in abundance in Quinoa that can do wonders in improving cardiovascular health and prevent the damage naturally
- Recent studies have shown positive results in improving bone density and prevent bone disease
- You can use it to improve the kidney functions due to the antioxidants such as polyphenols, phenolics, and anthocyanins present in the compositions
Side effects of Quinoa
Quinoa is safe and well tolerated by the individuals, however; few studies suggest the severe side effect due to overdosage or an allergic reaction after consuming it and we have specified some of the commonly reported side effects underneath:
- Acid reflux
- Vomiting or nausea
- High blood pressure
- Low blood sugar level
- Burning sensation
**It is recommended to discontinue the use immediately if you observe any of above-mentioned symptoms.
How to use Quinoa
Quinoa can be used various ways like salad, breakfast porridge, patties, stews, soups, culinary dishes, bakery items, and other delicacies. We have specified the general way of using it underneath:
- Take 50 – 100 grams of Quinoa
- Rinse thoroughly to remove the outer layer that contains the saponin and other particles which are not considered to be ideal for consuming
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Cook them as per the recipe you want to eat it
- You can use it as a healthy meal replacement
**You can eat Quinoa regularly, however; the best time to consume it is in the breakfast to kickstart your day with energy and nutrition.
To buy Quinoa click on the link mentioned below:
Fitness Mantra White Quinoa Seeds 1 kg
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.