Overview of WheatGrass
Wheatgrass is also known as the Superfood which is the first grass of the wheat plant called Triticum aestivum that is used for the treatment of numerous health problems such as indigestion, thyroid, low immunity, heart, female related, sexual, and other problems. It contains a high amount of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, chlorophyll, dietary fiber, calcium, and protein. Wheatgrass is widely available in different types like juice, capsules, powder, tablets, and pills that can do wonders to improve your health and prevent frequent health problems.
Nutritional facts of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is load with a high amount of nutrition such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, enzymes, phytonutrients, and fiber. We have specified the general nutritional value underneath:
|Dietary fiber||8 grams|
|Total amino acids||19|
**Above mentioned value may vary from the actual product.
Health benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass has numerous health benefits as reported in various studies and we have specified the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Boost Libido – It contains the high amount of aphrodisiac properties that helps in boosting the libido and improve the blood circulation. Wheatgrass can increase the production of reproductive hormones and fertility if consumed regularly. Few individuals have reported that after consuming it regularly they have experienced delayed ejaculation with increase stamina never before, however; it doesn’t have any evident prove to support this
- Improve digestion – Wheatgrass is loaded with dietary fiber and B-complex that stimulate the bowel movement which improves the digestion level and helps in the absorption of nutrients. You can use it for the treatment of digestion related problems such as bloating, flatulence, constipation, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and indigestion
- Female related problems – Recent studies have shown tremendous results in treating the irregular menstrual problem like amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, and menorrhea because it contains the high amount of vitamins and minerals which helps in nourishing the body and deficiency levels that cause the female related problems
- Heart health – Several factors can damage heart health like bad cholesterol, inflammation, and oxidative stress in the body, however; it can be reduced by consuming wheatgrass regularly due to the properties of improving lipid levels and glutathione which can do wonders in promoting heart health and good cholesterol
- Thyroid – The primary reason for thyroid disorder is the low competency of boosting the metabolism that can lead to severe health problems, however; it stimulates the thyroid gland which improves the metabolism and function of the thyroid gland to prevent the disorder
- Immunity – It is considered the best source of vitamin C and A which helps in boosting the immune system and prevent frequent infection such as cold, flu, and other problems
Other health benefits have been mentioned below for reference:
- Improve eyesight
- Sore throat
- Oral health
- Skin problem
Side effects of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is safe and well tolerated by the individuals, however; few studies suggest the severe side effect due to overdosage or allergic reaction to wheat and we have specified some of the commonly reported side effects underneath:
- Lower blood sugar level
- Acid reflux
- Vomiting or nausea
- High blood pressure
- Low blood sugar level
- Burning sensation
**It is recommended to discontinue the use immediately if you observe any of above-mentioned symptoms.
*The pregnant, infants, and lactating woman should avoid using it.
Dosage of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass dosage depends upon several factors such as height, weight, age, and severity of the problem. Moreover, wheatgrass is available in varied forms like powder, juice, and capsules but the benefits are almost the same it depends upon you in which form you wish to consume it. We have specified the general dosage underneath:
- 1 – 2 Oz or 2 – 5 gram
- Twice a day
- With lukewarm water
- Empty stomach for best results
**Wheatgrass should not be combined with any other meal and overdosage should be avoided to avoid any complications.
To buy wheatgrass click on the link mentioned below:
Organic India Wheat Grass – 100 g
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.