A sore throat can be a major agony in the uh… throat. Like squinting, we never see the amount we swallow to the point when we begin focusing on it, and when it harms you will do whatever it takes to soothe yourself from the pain.
Overview of Sore Throat
A sore throat can be caused by an acute infection in the upper respiratory tract area, which incorporates the nose, sinuses, pharynx (the throat) and larynx (the voice box). Mostly it is caused by viruses and mechanical causes such as mouth breathing.
Symptoms of Sore Throat
Its symptoms vary from person to person, however, common symptoms are listed here:
- Burning or scratching sensations at the back of the throat
- Acute pain when swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Pus on the surface of the tonsils
Causes of Sore Throat
The cause of a sore throat isn’t always obvious. But in most cases, it’s a symptom of a viral or bacterial infection. Some of the common causes are listed here:
- Common cold or flu
- Measles and Chickenpox
- Streptococcus pyogenes (Bacterial infection)
- Allergies to pet dander, molds, dust, and pollen
- Muscle strain such as yelling
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Natural Remedies to Cure Sore Throat
Luckily, there are a few common cures that may give help, including some that are supported by scientific evidence. Here are the best remedies you can do to cure a sore throat:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV has anti-bacterial properties and may help provide sore throat relief. Drink 1 cup of lukewarm water stirred with 1 tbsp of ACV and 1/2 tsp of honey.
- Salt water gargle – It helps in reducing the swelling in the throat. Stir 1 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of salt till it gets dissolved. Gargle with a mouthful of this mixture for 30 seconds, once per hour.
- Honey – Honey has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can help to treat a sore throat. It can naturally soothe the throat and ease swelling. Stir 1 cup of warm water with 1 tsp of honey and drink this mixture twice a day especially before going to sleep.
- Licorice root – it is a powerful expectorant, helping to loosen and expel mucus from the throat. Combine ground licorice root with hot water, let it steep for five minutes, then strain it prior to drinking.
- Ginger – Ginger is a spice with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects that may help relieve throat pain. Combine the extract of ginger with honey and drink this mixture twice a day for best results.
- Eucalyptus, and Myrrh – Inhale the vapors by using a diffuser or humidifier. You can use either of them as both have the properties to cure a sore throat.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains curcumin, which is very soothing for a sore throat. Stir 1 cup of lukewarm water with 1 tsp of turmeric and gargle with a mouthful of this mixture for 30 seconds,
- Cinnamon – It is high in antioxidant and provides antibacterial benefits to sure a sore throat. Add one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and black pepper powder to a glass of warm water and gargle with a mouthful of this mixture for 30 seconds,
- Garlic – Its allicin, a compound that can kill the bacteria that causes strep and fight the germs causing pain and irritation in a sore throat. Place 1 piece of garlic in each cheek, and suck on it like a cough drop.
- Cloves – It contains Eugenol which is a natural painkiller, and can act as an anti-bacterial as well. Chewing on whole cloves will slowly release that eugenol, and hopefully, numb the pain in your throat.
Buy Sore Throat syrup
To buy the sore throat syrup click on the link mentioned below:
Keva Ayurvedic/Herbal Cough Syrup (For Cough, Cold, Bronchitis, Mucus, Smokers, Dry and Chronic Cough) – Pack of 10 (1000ml)
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific advice, please consult a specialist for advice.