Growing up, most of us were either cajoled or forced to gulp down a glassful of milk before going to bed to sleep better. Now, tonnes of sleeping aids are available – from pills to ambient music – but the wellness industry is going back to moon milk for healthy life.
This article will provide you the overview of moon milk, its benefits, and recipe with a twist.
Overview of Moon Milk
Moon milk is essentially a drink that aids in falling asleep at night. Moon milk is comprised of milk, tons of spices, oils, and most importantly adaptogens. Adaptogens not only improve our sleep but also give us more energy and stamina, as well as relief from stress and anxiety. It might be a great addition to your nightly routine if you tend to have trouble falling asleep.
Benefits of Moon Milk
Since ages, moon milk is being served in the night to provide numerous benefits for health and mind. Some of the best benefits have been specified here:
- Natural sleep aid
- Boost your immune
- Detoxifier and relieves pain
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Prevent cancer
- Prevents diabetes type 2
- Improves digestion
- Reduces inflammation
How to make it
Although, you can make Moon Milk the way you were making since ages. However, to give a twist or make it more healthy try this recipe once:
- 1 cup Cow Milk or Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground Ashwagandha or Shatavari
- 2 pinches of ground Cardamom
- Pinch of freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Virgin Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- Heat the milk, you can bring it to a boil or just warm it.
- Add all the ingredients and mix it well with a spoon
- keep it on simmer flame for 2-3 minutes
- Serve it in your preferred cup
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. Please consult a specialist for the advice.