Overview of Vitiligo
Vitiligo is a disease in which cells of your skin get destroyed especially the pigment cells of the skin. It can be focal and localized to one area or it may affect the different area on the body. The extent and color loss of the vitiligo is unpredictable. Vitiligo may affect the confidence and self-esteem of the affected person as they hesitate in going out with their friends. It is an autoimmune condition in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body. Vitiligo affects all races and sex equally however, some studies prove that it is noticeable in people with dark skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo
Vitiligo known symptoms as reported is the discoloration of skin especially around the area exposed to the sun. We have specified the affected areas underneath:
- Grey hair, eyelashes, beard, and eyebrow
- Rectal areas
Above symptom can vary from person to person so it’s recommended to seek medical advice if you find any of the above-mentioned symptoms on the body.
Causes of Vitiligo
Experts are regularly conducting research to identify the exact cause of vitiligo however, nothing has been identified so far but some of the known causes have been specified here:
- Genetic oxidative imbalance
- Extreme sunburn
- Exposure to chemicals
- Autoimmune disorder
- Emotional distress
Vitiligo is not contagious and can’t be transmitted through blood infusion as studies suggest.
Remedies to cure Vitiligo
You can treat Vitiligo by various available treatments however, its results can’t be predicted as it varies. Some of them can worsen the situation and can have serious side effects on the health. Some of the natural remedies have been specified underneath:
- Psoralea seeds – It helps naturally reviving the sunburn or skin tone by providing the essential nutrients. Soak the Psoralea seeds in ginger juice for three days in a dry place then rub the seeds to remove the shell and dry the seeds in a shaded place. Grind the seeds till powdered and consume 1 gm of powder with warm milk once a day for the next 30 days to see the results
- Turmeric powder – Being a rich source of antiseptic properties it helps in reviving the damaged cells in the skin. Consider applying the paste made from 5 tsp of turmeric powder mixed in 250 ml of mustard oil on the white patches of skin, twice a day for at least 12 months
- Ginkgo biloba – Its antioxidant and immunomodulatory properties helps in curing vitiligo naturally by rejuvenating the pigmentation and dead cells. Consume 40- 60 mg of Ginkgo Biloba thrice a day
- Coconut oil – Apply extra virgin coconut oil on the affected area twice a day to promote the repigmentation of the skin and heal chronic inflammation
- Basil leaves – You can promote melanin production by applying basil leaves paste mixed with lemon juice thrice a day as it contains anti-viral and anti-aging properties to cure vitiligo naturally
- Copper utensil – Consider drinking water kept in copper utensil overnight as it promotes the production of melanin by melanocytes and is effective in toning the skin of a vitiligo
- Black gram – Powder the black gram and mix it with water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area thrice a day and wash it off after 15 minutes
- Red clay – Being a rich source of copper it can help in to restore the skin pigment and lighten the white patches. Make a paste of red clay mixed with lemon juice. Apply this paste once in a day and leave it until dries then wash it off with regular water
- Duckweed – Natural chemicals available in duckweed such as isoorientin, orientin, vitexin, and vicenin helps in reviving the melanocytes to neutralize the white patches with normal skin tone and restore the affected cells. Consume the 1 gm of ground powder of duckweed with honey twice a day for uninterrupted 3 months
- Ginger – It helps in boosting your blood circulation and the production of melanin to cure vitiligo affected area naturally. You can apply the ginger root directly to the affected area and leave it for a while. Wash your skin with regular water and try using this remedy twice a day
Click on the link mentioned below to buy Ginkgo Biloba:
Himalaya Wellness Pure Herbs Brahmi Mind Wellness – 60 Tablet
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor is it intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist to seek medical advice.