Overview of Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit is known as Pitaya and is indigenous to America however, it is cultivated in Australia, Southeast Asia, Florida, and the Carribean. It is considered to be one of the exotic fruit because of its appearance of pink rosebud with white flush and black seeds inside the fruit. Pitaya belongs to the cactus family and its skin is highly poisonous which should not be consumed othervise it can be fatal due to the composition of the skin. Dragon fruit considered to be the best source of phytonutrient and essential nutrients which have numerous health benefits. It is being used as the key ingredients in smoothies, shakes, desserts, salads, dressings, and baking items. You can purchase it through the online markets or nearby market at an affordable price however, it might cost expensive in some parts of the world due to the availability of the fruit. It is advisable to store it in a cool place such as the refrigerator to keep it fresh due to the thick layer of skin you can store it for more than 3weeks at home. Try it once in a life to taste the exotic fruit and to know the health benefits.
Nutritional facts of Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit contains numerous nutrition which has several health benefits as reported in the research. We have specified the general nutritional value underneath:
**Above mentioned nutritional facts may vary from the actual product.
Health benefits of Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit contains numerous health benefits as proven in the research conducted by the specialist on individuals. We have specified the best-reported health benefits underneath:
- Boost Immune System – Being a rich source of Vitamin C it boosts the immune system by stimulating the antioxidant in the body to eliminate the free radicals and enhance the immune system to prevent any health problems. Moreover, it contains the polyphenols and flavonoid which has shown tremendous results in eliminating the harmful bodies in the body naturally
- Digestion – You can improve the digestion in the body by consuming dragon fruit regularly as it contains the high amount of fiber which helps in binding the body waste and improving the digestion to have a healthy well being. Moreover, it also contains the Oligosaccharides that helps in promoting the gut bacteria such as lactobacilli and bifidobacteria which enhances the smooth digestion
- Heart Health – As already discussed, dragon fruit is a rich source of antioxidants and fiber which reduce the growth of clotting in the arteries and improve the heart function to prevent any heart problem such as stroke, coronary problem, LDL cholesterol, and attack
- Skin Health – It has shown tremendous results in improving the skin texture either by consuming it regularly or applying it over the skin as face pack or paste directly due to the availability of Antioxidants and Vitamins in the nutrient composition of dragon fruit. Recent studies have shown the positive results in slowing the process of aging in the skin by eating dragon fruit regularly
- Bone Health – Dragon fruit contains the potassium and essential minerals which improves the bone density and bone strength to avoid any fracture and bone ailments which can cause severe discomfort
- Diabetes – Recent studies have shown tremendous results in reducing blood sugar levels naturally by consuming dragon fruit regularly and it can reduce the diabetic changes in the body naturally
- Anemia – You can revive the damaged red blood cells in the body and improve the hemoglobin level naturally by consuming exotic fruit regularly due to the high amount of Iron nutrient in it
- Hair – Several factors damage the hair health such as chemicals present in the hair colors and pollution however, you can revive the damaged hair follicles naturally by eating dragon fruits regularly to regain the shine and strength of hair naturally
Side effects of Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit is safe and well tolerated by the individuals however, overdosage can lead to some health problems which can be cured by consulting a specialist. We have specified some of the common side effects of dragon fruit underneath:
- Discoloration of urine and feces
- Abdomen pain or cramps
- Nausea or Dizziness
- Skin rashes or itching
It will be hazardous to consume dragon fruit skin as it is poisonous in nature thus it is advised to wash it with salt water and remove the skin properly before consuming it. The pregnant and lactating woman should avoid consuming it and fructose intolerant should not consume it as well else it will lead to a severe health problem which needs medical attention on priority.
To buy click on the link mentioned below:
Plantsguru Dragon Fruit
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.