Overview of Drakshasava
Drakshasava is an Ayurvedic medicine and contains the self-generated natural 5% to 10% composition of alcohol due to the process of grape fermentation. It is used for the treatment of debility, irritable bowel syndrome, anemia, jaundice, and belching. Drakshasava contains the anti-inflammatory, carminative, and anti-agony properties to provide the relief from the several ailments. It acts as a tonic in strengthening the body and nourishes the weakness or damage caused due to the ailment.
Composition of Drakshasava
Drakshasava contains the formulation of natural herbs and ingredients. All the ingredients are kept for the months to the process of natural fermentation and distilled to filter out the extract through the natural process. We have specified the general composition underneath:
|Water for Decoction
**Above mentioned ingredient is for the reference and may vary from the actual product.
Benefits of Drakshasava
Drakshasava is beneficial for the treatment and strengthening the weakness due to the ailment within a few dosages. We have specified the commonly reported benefits underneath:
- Indigestion – Commonly indigestion is caused due to the inflammation in the intestine which leads to severe discomfort in excreting the feces and digesting food however, it can be treated by consuming Drakshasava as prescribed by a specialist. It contains the anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the inflammation and agony
- Debility – Debility is the weakness due to the prolonged ailment or fever which leads to a feeling of fatiugeness and tiredness always. It increases the secretion of PITTA in the stomach and stimulates the bile in the liver for improved digestion. You can revive the natural strength and weakness
- Constipation – Vitis Vinefera or raisins is the key component in Drakshasava which have mild laxative properties which stimulate the bile from the liver to improve the digestion and relieve constipation
- Belching – Commonly known as burping due to acid reflux or gastric problems in the upper digestive tract which causes expelling of excess air through the mouth. However, it can be reduced by consuming it as prescribed by a specialist
- Blood clotting – It improves the blood clotting in the injury and prevent excess bleeding by improving the blood clotting due to the properties of improving the hemoglobin levels in the body naturally
- Jaundice – Commonly known as yellow fever it can be treated by using Drakshasava as it helps in stimulating the lost appetite and revive the damaged caused due to the jaundice
Side effects of Drakshasava
Drakshasava is safe and well tolerated by the individual. The pregnant, lactating woman and children should take precautions before using it as Drakshasava contains the strong composition of herbs and extract. Overdosage of it can lead to diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal discomfort, and burning sensation however, it can be treated by medical advice and it is advisable to discontinue the use of it if any side effect persists.
Dosage of Drakshasava
Drakshasava dosage depends upon the age, weight, height, and severity of the illness. However, we have specified the general dosage underneath:
|Children (Below 12 years)
|Adult (Below 60 years)
|15 ml to 30 ml
- Twice a day
- With lukewarm water
- After meals
**Consult a specialist before using it and self-medication is discouraged.
Availability of Drakshasava
Drakshasava is available in liquid form and can be purchased at a nominal cost. You can purchase it through the online or nearby market. It is advisable to store it in a cool or dry place with no direct sunlight. Keep it out of children reach and always keep the lid finger tight. Do not tamper or damage the bottle to avoid any leakage. Before purchasing kindly check the manufacturing date as generally, Drakshasava has 10 years of the expiry. To buy click on the link mentioned below:
Baidyanath Drakshasava – 300 ml (Special)
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.