Overview of Sarpagandha
Sarpagandha is also known as snakeroot or Rauvolfia Sarpagandha herb. Belongs to the family of Apocyanaceae herb. It is recommended to treat numerous health problems by experts. Sarpagandha is an evergreen shrub grows to a height of 60 cm. The flowers are in white and violet color with oval fleshy tiny fruits. Sarpagandha is mostly grown in the shady forest such as the Indian subcontinent and East Asia but the government has banned the export of the plant as it is one of an extinct variety of herb. Herb is known for the properties of anti-venom which makes it the king of all herbs. Recent studies suggest that use of this herb can reduce the danger of viper snake venom and other poisonous reptiles. It contains the Ajmalicidine, ajmalicine, rouhimbine, indobinine, reserpiline, reserpine, and sarpagine. The main biomedical action of Sarpagandha includes analgesic, sedative, anti-microbic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, vasodilatory, and hypotensive.
Botanical Classification of Sarpagandha
It is crucial to understand the botanical classification or plant taxonomy of Sarpagandha for best results. We have specified the reported classification underneath:
Benefits of Sarpagandha
Sarpagandha is beneficial to treat several problems and is recommended by health experts for natural treatment. We have specified some of the reported benefits of Sarpagandha underneath:
- Snake Bite – Sarpagandha is used to neutralize the poisonous venom of deadly snake ‘Scaled Viper Snake’ if not treated on time can be fatal. Extract of roots are consumed with lukewarm water and results can be seen within a few hours however, it is recommended to consume it for 2 weeks to completely wipe off the toxins from the body
- Reducing High Blood Pressure – Blood pressure is the pressure of circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels. In general, 120/80 mmhg is considered normal and any fluctuation in this can cause severe health-related problems such as cardiac failure, palpitation, and anxiety which can be controlled by the consumption of Sarpagandha as it contains the reserpine which has sedative effects and properties to lower down the catecholamines level in the body. You can use 1 gram of Sarpagandha powder with water to balance the blood pressure
- Insomnia – Insomnia is commonly known as ‘Sleeplessness’ which can lead to several health problems but you can overcome this problem by consuming the powder regularly for 4 weeks without any break as it contains the properties of tranquilizer to help you fall to sleep naturally
- Epilepsy – A disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed, causing seizures however, brain nerves can be relaxed and stimulate the normal functioning of it by consuming 3 grams of Sarpagandha powder regularly for 6 weeks
- Gastrointestinal Problems – You can use it to treat the gastrointestinal problem naturally as it contains the anti-microbic properties which act as a natural soothing and relaxing agent in the abdomen. Consider consuming 1-2 grams of powder regularly for best results
- Uterine Pain – It helps in to eliminate the toxins and residues from the uterine cavity to relax the uterine muscles. You can use it stop the bleeding and reduce the extreme pain naturally. Within a few days, you can observe the results
- Dysentery – Severe bacterial infection can upset your abdomen followed by other problems such as abdominal pain, loose stool, vomiting, and diarrhea. It contains the properties of anti-microbial which help in reducing the frequency of loose stools, bleeding, and pain.
- Menstruation – Lower uterine contraction can lead to irregular menstruation which can be cured by increasing the uterine contraction within a few weeks. You can use it to increase the libido and reduce the menstrual bleeding for a healthy life
- Skin Problems – Many factors and deficiency cause several health problems such as acne, pimples, rashes, and cracks in the skin however, you can recover the natural glow of your skin by consuming it for 4 weeks without any break
Above mentioned benefits can vary from person to person and we recommend to take the advice of a medical expert before using it.
Side Effects of Sarpagandha
Over-dosage of Sarpagandha can stimulate cancer producing cells in the body which can cause other health-related problems. Pregnant and lactating women should not consume Sarpagandha as it contains very strong herbal properties that can lead to miscarriage as well. Some of the reported side effects have been specified underneath:
- Slow heartbeat
- Skin Rashes
- Abdominal pain
Dosage of Sarpagandha
We strictly recommend to take expert advice before using Sarpagandha as its dosage depends upon the severity of the problem however, we have specified the general dosage underneath:
|Children||100 mg – 300 mg|
|Adults||200 mg – 600 mg|
**It is recommended to twice or thrice a day with lukewarm water, cow’s milk, and rose distillate or water.
Availability of Sarpagandha
Sarpagandha is easily available in the market as in raw form, powdered, and extract at a nominal price. Many pharma companies supply and package the herb in different packaging sizes which can be procured through the online or nearby market. To buy click on the link mentioned below:
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult an expert for the advice.