Overview of Thyroid
Thyroid is an endocrine gland in butterfly shape organ present in the front of the neck below Adam’s apple. The primary function of it is to stimulate or control the speed of your metabolism and other function of the body. It is composed of two lobes left and right however, the woman has larger gland than men and increases in size during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes. T gland can be triggered due to several factors as reported in various studies such as autoimmune disease, iodine deficiency, and other factors. Don’t panic if you have been diagnosed with thyroid disorder as it can be treated with a medical procedure and natural remedies. Its symptoms and causes vary from individuals but you should seek medical advice if you observe any abnormal changes in the body or chronic problem that can lead to the thyroid disorder.
Symptoms of Thyroid
Thyroid symptoms vary from individuals however, we have specified some of the general symptoms underneath:
- Sudden weight change
- Enlargement (Neck, Goiter, Hoarseness)
- Hair loss
- Skin discoloration
- Abdomen discomfort
- Female health-related problems (Menstrual irregularities, fertility problems)
- Muscle or joint pain
- Abnormal cholesterol levels
Causes of Thyroid
There are numerous factors which can lead to the development of thyroid related as reported in various studies however, we have specified some of the best-known causes of it underneath:
- Inflammation in the T gland caused by the virus and bacteria
- The autoimmune disorder is a severe problem in which body immune system attacks the healthy cells on its own
- Deficiency in the body such as Iodine, Selenium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B12
- Genetic disorders
- Medical treatment such as radiation, thyroid gland surgery, and other medical treatment
- Hormonal imbalance due to several factors such as stress, medical conditions (endocrine level or gland). diabetes, and hyperglycemia
- Availability of toxins like heavy metals, pesticides, antibacterial products that trigger the dysfunctional activity of the T gland
Other reported causes of the thyroid gland have been mentioned below:
- Artificial sweeteners
Treatment of Thyroid
Thyroid can be controlled or treated timely under a specialist supervision however, results vary from individuals and regular treatment is required to cure the disorder completely. We have specified the best-known treatments underneath:
- Blood Test – Specialist will advise you to undergo a blood test such as T3, T4, and TSH. We have specified the normal test range below for the reference:
- T3 (Triiodothyronine): 4.6 – 12 µg/dl
- T4 (Thyroxine): 5 – 13.5 µg/dl
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone): 0.4 – 5 mIU/L
- Medication – Antithyroid medicine can control the imbalance level of thyroid in the body however, it is recommended to take the medicine regularly without any break till specialist say so
- Surgery – If antithyroid medicine is not showing any positive results then your specialist may advise you to undergo a surgery of removing the thyroid gland
Remedies of Thyroid
Thyroid disorder can be controlled by some simple home remedies and we have specified some of the best remedies underneath:
Ginger contains the high amount of antioxidant compound known as gingerol which helps in reducing the inflammation in the thyroid gland. It contains numerous minerals and other essential nutrients such as zinc, potassium which can do wonders in improving the function thyroid gland naturally.
The key ingredient in several Ayurvedic medicines and is used for the treatment of thyroid since ages as reported in various studies due to the natural properties of stimulating the T4 production which is needed to convert T3 in proper thyroid function.
Turmeric is the best source of medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory and combating the anti-immune disorder naturally which prevent and treat the Thyroid disorder naturally.
Miracle oil used for the treatment of thyroid disorder naturally as it contains the anti-inflammatory properties which have shown the positive results in stabilizing the imbalance level on the thyroid gland. Take 2 – 3 drops of oil mixed with coconut oil on the palm and massage the thyroid gland or pressure points for 5 – 10 minutes twice a day for best results.
It contains the high quality of Omega 3 fatty acid called alpha linoleic acid which helps in inducing the production of thyroid hormone and its function. Consume 1 Tbsp of flaxseed powdered with warm milk in the morning after meal.
Recent studies have shown positive results in treating the thyroid problem or disorder post consuming the iodine-rich supplements regularly and Kelp is known for the best source of natural iodine.
Specialist advice to take supplements rich in vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. Nettle contains numerous nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, and iodine which can nourish the deficiency in the body like iodine that is the primary reason for hypothyroidism and other nutrients can improve the functioning of thyroid gland and hormone naturally.
Bdellium has anti-inflammatory and thyroid hormone stimulating properties which can improve the function of the gland and stabilize the imbalance level of the thyroid gland as reported. You can consume 25 mg of bdellium tree supplement regularly.
The best source of immunomodulatory properties that helps in the autoimmune problem like thyroid within few regular uses as reported in various studies.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV has the natural properties of flushing out the toxicity in the body and stabilizes the abnormal hormone level especially thyroid hormone production that can prevent the disorder and imbalance level of it.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.