Overview of Tinnitus
Tinnitus is a hearing problem of constant perception of abnormal sounds in the ear with no existence of external noise in reality. Several factors can lead to this situation if not treated timely such as excess ear wax, age-related hearing disorders, exposure to loud noise, abnormal growth of the ear bone, and other hearing problem. It is not a disease but a warning sign for an underlying health problem that should not be avoided as it gets worse if not treated timely. Although it cannot be cured by any medical procedure or treatment however, its symptoms can be reduced by a few remedies and medical procedure if followed regularly or as prescribed by the specialist. Some studies suggest that this type of noise may be caused by the cardiovascular and musculoskeletal.
Symptoms of Tinnitus
Tinnitus symptoms vary from individuals as it involves the sensation of different hearing sound when no external sound exist and we have specified the general symptoms underneath:
- Sensitivity to certain sounds
Causes of Tinnitus
Tinnitus can be caused due to several reasons or health conditions as reported in various studies however, we have specified some of the known causes underneath:
- Ear Wax – Few individuals have the tendency of developing excess ear wax which cannot be cleansed naturally by the ear and get accumulated on the eardrum causing infection and if not treated timely then it can lead to Tinnitus
- Age – Hearing loss is very common in individuals after 60 years of age and it can lead to tinnitus if not treated timely under expert supervision
- Exposure to loud noise – Some studies suggest that individuals who are prone to get exposed to loud music or noise for a longer period and can be the primary reason for tinnitus problem. It can damage the eardrum permanently or permanent hearing loss
- Ear bone – Many factors can cause abnormal changes in ear bone that can cause the development of the hearing disorder or problem
Other known causes have been specified underneath:
- Blows to your head
- Ear infection
- Head trauma
- Brain injury
- Cardiovascular disease
- Meniere Disease
**It is recommended to consult a specialist for the advice if you observe any of the above-mentioned causes.
Treatment for Tinnitus
No need to panic if you have been diagnosed with Tinnitus as it can be treated within a few weeks or months under medical expert supervision. We have specified the best treatment reported underneath:
- Ear wax removal – You should get ear wax cleaned by a specialist to reduce symptoms of the tinnitus as an excess accumulation of ear wax can be the primary reason for it
- Hearing aids – It is recommended to use hearing aids as few individuals have reported sensitivity to certain sounds especially to loud noise
- Medication – Although drugs can’t be used as the treatment for it however, medicines can be used to suppress the symptoms of tinnitus. Generally, specialist advice tricyclic antidepressants, alprazolam, and anti-anxiety drugs
- Surgery – Treating the temporomandibular joint problem and abnormal growth of the ear bone however, it is a very rare situation or treatment advised by the doctor in extreme conditions
Natural Remedies for Tinnitus
Tinnitus symptoms can be reduced by simple natural remedies at home and we have specified the best remedies underneath:
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV contains the high amount of medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties that can do wonders in reducing the symptoms of Tinnitus naturally within few weeks however, results vary from individuals and should be used under expert supervision to avoid any complications. You can consume ACV twice a day by mixing 2 tsp of ACV in lukewarm water for best results.
It has the properties of clearing the nasal blockage if sprayed into nostrils which helps in reducing the excess fluid in sinuses and reduce the ringing sensation to minimal however, it should be mixed with salt as iodine can enhance the results naturally. It is recommended to store 1 tsp of glycerine, 1 tsp of salt, and 200 ml of lukewarm water in a spray bottle. Use this mixture thrice a day for best results.
Pineapple contains the high-quality enzyme known as bromelain and several other compositions such as Vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that have shown tremendous results in reducing the symptoms such as inflammation and infection. You can drink pineapple juice or pineapple slice blend in freshwater thrice a day.
Tea helps in improving circulatory motion in the blood by pumping more oxygen and nutrients that stabilize the blood pressure to normal and high or unstable blood pressure is considered to be one of the causes of stimulating the tinnitus problem however, mistletoe tea helps in nourishing the ears with nutrients and oxygen that reduces the symptoms of it drastically if the primary cause is high blood pressure. It is recommended to drink tea twice a day for best results.
Coconut oil is being used since ages for the treatment of several health problems due to the high medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-fungal properties that can do wonders in improving the health naturally. Similarly, it is being used in reducing the symptoms of tinnitus by pouring 1 – 2 drops of warm coconut oil in the affected ear and leave to get absorbed naturally it will loosen the excess wax and combat the infection naturally. You can repeat this procedure twice a day for best results.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.