Overview of Sabja Seeds
Sabja Seeds also known as ‘Basil seeds’ or ‘Tukmaria seeds’, Sabja Ginjalu, and Kama Kasturi is a plant native to southeast Asia. Sabja seeds have numerous health benefits and are used for the preparation of various recipes. Basil seed is black in color and tiny round in shape. Sabja seeds have zero calories so it can be used by any individual as the absence of calories make it unique magical seeds. It is beneficial for the wellness of the skin, hair, and other health benefits. Seeds are the rich source of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antibiotic properties. Experts recommend basil seeds for a healthy lifestyle and can be consumed after soaking in water for some time as suggested. It is loaded with nutrition such as Phytochemicals, Polyphenolic flavonoids, Orientin, Vicenin, Limonene, Citral, Eugenol, Vitamin K A, Lutein, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Folate, and Magnesium.
Nutrition value of Sabja Seeds
Sabja seeds or kama kasturi or sabja ginjalu contains various nutritional values such as Vitamins, Minerals, Carbohydrates, and Proteins. We have specified the general nutritional value underneath:
Health Benefits of Sabja Seeds
Sabja seeds have numerous health benefits and are known for the treatment or prevention of many diseases. We have specified some of the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Weight Loss – Sabja seeds helps in boosting the fat metabolism to reduce the excess fat deposits in the body and enhance the weight loss process due to the presence of alpha-linolenic acid in it which is known as the rich source of Omega-3
- Acid Reflux – Many factors can cause acid reflux in the body which can create a lot of discomfort and illness however, Basil Seeds can calm down the acidity in the body and soothe the stomach ulcer naturally. You can consume it by adding 1 tsp of sabja seeds in warm milk and drinking the mixture before 15 minutes of the meal once a day
- Indigestion – It can improve the digestive enzymes for better digestion and also helps in flushing out the toxins from the body. Sabja seeds strengthen the inner wall of the digestive system for better digestion
- Hair – Sabja seeds provide the daily nutrition of Vitamin K, Protein, and Iron which improve the health and shining of hair. Deficiency of any of the above-mentioned nutrient can be the reason for baldness or thin hairs
- Diabetes – High blood sugar levels in the body can be the reason for diabetes however, sabja seed reduce the blood sugar levels to stabilize the diabetes level. You can consume soaked overnight sabja seeds with lukewarm milk after the meal for best results
- Vaginal Infections – Several factors can cause vaginal infections and can be treated by medications however, sabja seeds can help you in the treatment and prevention of any vaginal infection as it strengthens the vaginal lining and its function for better wellbeing
- Skin – Recent studies have shown tremendous results of Basil Seeds in the treatment of skin infections such as eczema, psoriasis, and damaged collagen in the skin. You can add 1/2 tsp of sabja seeds in 5 ml of coconut oil and directly apply it over the affected skin. It protects the skin from the UV damage and improves the secretion of collagen in the skin to form the new skin or revive the damaged skin
- Flu – Sabja seeds helps in strengthening the immune system as it contains the antispasmodic properties to soothe the spastic muscles and flavonoids enhance the immune system to prevent any cold or cough flu
- Bones – It provides the high quality of Vitamin K in the body to strengthen the bone density and cartilages for healthy bones and flexibility
- Anti-Anemia – Low level of hemoglobin in the blood can lead to anemia which can create severe health problems if not treated on priority can be fatal however, Basil Seeds provide the daily nourishment of iron in the body to improve the hemoglobin levels in the body to prevent or treat anemia condition in the body
Side Effects of Sabja Seeds
Surprisingly Sabja Seeds are safe and well tolerated by individuals. It is safe for the pregnant and lactating woman to consume Basil Seeds however, it is advisable to consult a specialist before consuming or serving it to infants as it might affect the health of the child. Overdosage of Sabja Seeds can affect the health of the individual and need medical attention on priority. We have specified some of the reported side effects of the overdosage of sabja seeds underneath:
**Above mentioned symptoms may vary from individuals. It is recommended to consult a specialist before consuming Basil Seeds.
Availability of Sabja Seeds
Sabja seeds can be purchased through the online or nearby market at very nominal cost. It is recommended to store it in a dry or cool place with no direct sunlight. Keep it out of children reach and avoid the moist area for storage.
To buy click on this link: NatureVit Basil Seeds – 400g (Tukmariya)
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.