Overview of Shatavari
Shatavari is also known as Asparagus Racemosus which is used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of numerous health problems such as male related problems, immune system, female reproductive, diabetes, high cholesterol, diarrhea, and other ailments. It contains the several medicinal problems like anti-ulcerogenic, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antidiarrheal, antimicrobial, aphrodisiac, adaptogenic, and immunomodulatory that can do wonders in improving your health. Few studies suggest that it can boost breast milk production during lactation and fetus development in the gestation period. Shatavri kalpa is also used to balance the vata and pitta doshas. It is recommended to store it in a cool or dry place with no direct sunlight and keep it out of children reach.
Health benefits of Shatavari
Shatavari has numerous health benefits as reported in various studies and we have specified the best-reported benefits underneath:
- Immune system – The primary function of the immune system is to neutralize or remove the pathogens like bacteria, virus, parasites, and fungi which prevent the frequent infection and health problem, however; weak immune system can lead to severe health ailments but Shatavari contains the immunomodulator medicinal properties that boost the immune system to combat the infection from free radicals present in the body naturally
- Female reproductive – Traditionally, it is used in various medicine to improve the female reproductive fertility naturally as it contains the high amount of aphrodisiac properties. Few studies suggest that it has shown positive results in preventing and treating female reproductive related problems such as hormonal imbalance and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes – Regular use of it can enhance the secretion of insulin level from the pancreas and reduce the high blood sugar level in the blood. Moreover, it controls the stress production that raises the blood glucose levels and you can consume 1tsp of powder regularly for best results
- High Cholesterol – It contains the phytosterols, saponins, flavonoids, polyphenols, and ascorbic acid that increase the excretion of bad cholesterol and improve the good cholesterol naturally
- Diarrhea – Recent studies have shown tremendous results in controlling diarrhea and its symptoms such as dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, abdominal cramps, fever, and nausea within a few regular dosages
- Menstrual problem – You can use it regularise the menstrual problem such as menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea, however; it is recommended to consult a specialist for the advice to avoid any complications
Other health benefits have been mentioned below:
- Gastric ulcers
- Gut health
Shatavari benefits for men
Shatavari powder is an Ayurvedic medicine used since decades for improving the strength, fertility, libido, sexual problems, and other health problems due to various medicinal properties. It acts as a reproductive tonic which promotes healthy energy levels and strength within few dosages as reported in studies. Moreover, it contains numerous other health benefits for men such as increase sperm quality, sperm count, reduces inflammation in sexual organs, and improve reproductive fluids to reduce sexual problems. Apparently, Shatavari also helps in reducing the anxiety, stress, and nervine related problems naturally that has positive results in improving male health, however; to observe the best results you should take it regularly under expert supervision to avoid any complication.
Side effects of Shatavari
Shatavari is safe and well tolerated by the individuals, however; few studies suggest the severe side effect due to overdosage or intolerance to any of the ingredients and we have specified some of the commonly reported side effects underneath:
- Acid reflux
- Vomiting or nausea
- High blood pressure
- Low blood sugar level
- Burning sensation
**It is recommended to discontinue the use immediately if you observe any of above-mentioned symptoms.
*The pregnant and lactating woman should avoid using it
Dosage of Shatavari
Shatavari dosage depends upon several factors such as height, weight, age, and severity of the problem, however; we have specified the general dosage underneath:
- Take 1 – 2 tsp of Shatavari
- Twice a day
- With lukewarm water
- After meals
Note: Maximum allowed dosage is 6 tsp in a day and should not be exceeded to avoid any complication.
Price of Shatavari
Shatavari can be easily purchased through the online or nearby store at a nominal cost of INR 90 and USD 20. Generally, it is available in 100 grams packaging with an expiry of 5years from the date of manufacture but we recommend to check the packaging for details.
To buy Shatavari click on the link mentioned below:
Himalaya Wellness Pure Herbs Shatavari Women’s Wellness – 60 Tablets
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for the advice.